6.02.2005

Olats!

GMA

Last week, I was interviewed for a late-night show on GMA. The show, Emergency, had a feature on the safety of henna tattoo.

To make a very long story short, I had a henna tattoo placed on my forearm and later developed an allergic reaction. The thing was, it wasn't my first time to have a reaction from henna. My stubbornness (or was it stupidity?) prevailed when I saw all those cool designs while I was in Boracay. An acquaintance saw my allergy (shaped like a dolphin since the original tattoo was...yup, a dolphin!) and begged me to be interviewed for the feature. I was very reluctant at first coz I was thinking of the extra 20 lbs the TV would add to my appearance! I said, no way! But the kapuso in me prevailed and I eventually gave in.

Duke accompanied me to GMA where the interview was held. The reporter was young, looked a little nervous…but I think a little bored too. The cameraman looked friendly enough so I made a small request. I tried to charm him into getting the angle where I wouldn’t look too big but if it was impossible, to just blur my face. =P

Not telling my friends when it would be shown, I waited alone last Friday night for my debut on Philippine television. After a long wait, the midnight news ended and the show started. I made myself comfortable on my bed while waiting, which turned out to be a very bad idea. I soon fell asleep only to wake up to catch the end of the show.

So, was I on the show? Was a new star born? I dunno. Nobody I know seemed to have seen the show too. Olats!

1 Comments:

Blogger duke said...

basta artista na tayo, period. :p

Jun 3, 2005, 3:06:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!


Free Counters