11.02.2005

6/42

on the morning of my mom's birthday, she found out that she won in the lotto. of course, it wasn't the jackpot or else i wouldn't be blogging about it. she got 5 numbers out of the six which wasn't bad at all. it was like a surprise birthday gift for her.

after telling me the good news, she asked me to
claim it for her at the PCSO. accompanied by our driver, the two of us proceeded to claim the prize. when C and i arrived there at past 8 am, quite a few people were already there to claim their prizes. so i got a number and waited for my turn. the first window was to check if i do really have the winning numbers. for a moment, i thought the lady was gonna tell me i got the wrong winning numbers or something like that. but instead, she gave me her sweetest smile and asked me if i would like to buy sweepstakes tickets from her!

on the next window, i was asked to fill up and sign some forms. again, i was asked to buy some tickets, but this time, i declined. there was no smile as i was directed to the next step. all in all, i went to five different people, all trying to check if i really got the winning ticket and all trying to sell me their sweepstakes tickets. if i bought tickets from all of them, i'd be P500.00 poorer. probably they thought that since i won, i'd be generous enough to spare them a few hundred bucks. but then, it wasn't my money to spend so sorry na lang sila!

after almost 3 hours, C and i finally got my mom's prize. my mom, in her happy state, promised to get me a new desktop so this old one could finally retire with dignity. para akong nanalo sa lotto!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! New desktop! Buti pa mom mo. You know, about 6 years ago, I was in a hurry to go to my brod's birthday but on the way, I passed by a lotto outlet so I stopped and placed a bet - one of the very rare times that I try betting. I thought of a number so sabi ko my birthday plus my brother's birthday but since I needed two more, I chose random numbers. Guess what? I forgot to put in one of the digits of my birthday ... basta, it turned out that I could have hit 5 numbers (which was worth 20 thousand at that time) but got only 4 correctly. I wanted to slap myself. Since then, I've not tried betting again.

Nov 4, 2005, 5:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Fantastic BD present for your mom! I never play the lottery but I love reading good news. New computer for you? Great! :D WIsh your mom belated VERY Happy B-day from the USA!

Nov 10, 2005, 3:10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home


[ View Guestbook ] [ Sign Guestbook ]
Get a FREE guestbook here!


Free Counters